Olive Wood Children's Nativity Set (12 Pieces Set).


My favorite nativity set5

My mother bought this set more than thirty years ago and I grew up playing with it. Every year my sister and brothers and I would take out the nativity (ours had a stable with it) and re-enact the whole Christmas story. We never tired of playing with these beautiful pieces. The abrtract simplicity of the figures gave more scope for our imaginations than any fancy carved or painted set ever could. Ever since I married and moved away from my parents' house I've missed this nativity! So when my sister bought one for me this fall I was ecstatic. The pieces are nearly identical to the ones I grew up with (though of course these animals still have all four legs - my mother's no longer do after years of making the donkey carry Mary into the stable!).

I can't wait until I can share this nativity set with my own children. And until then this nativity will still have pride of place in my house at Christmas.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List